Saturday, August 14, 2010

home.

Bonjour tout le mond. Tomorrow is my last day in the beautiful Wood River Valley that I've called home for the better half of my life. My bags are pack, my room is not, and I should be finishing the first draft of my thesis paper tonight if not early tomorrow. Despite everything I'm surprisingly calm. This whole exchange isn't real yet. It seems like I'm the person who always talks about going on a trip somewhere, or going to a concert yet something always falls through and it never happens. I suppose my mind is still operating under the assumption that I'm not really going to leave. It's rather surreal, this whole experience. I'm not sure if I like this feeling of being suspended in limbo or if I'd rather be hyper and completely wired. For now I should stop thinking about the inner workings of my brain and start thinking about finishing my damn paper so I can at least get that off my back before I leave. Hopefully I'll have enough time between now and my flight to make a kickass travel playlist. If not, I guess I'll have something to do on my first flight. But for now, I'm off.

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment